Monday, January 23, 2017

Hello everyone!

My name is Alli Minor, as all of you know. I am a senior at Montevallo,
studying Elementary Education.

My hopes is that when I graduate, I will have the opportunity to travel with my boyfriend and teach children in different countries for a few years before coming back to the states. We will see what the future holds when it gets here!

I believe it is incredibly important for all children to receive a proper education. They are our future, and without educating the children who will one day take our place, we are not preparing the future for success. I want to be a teacher so that I can proudly know that I am making a difference in children's lives and bettering their future. I can't wait to be able to experience that first hand.

Something interesting about me, which most people know, is that I am vegan. This past New Years i celebrated being completely vegan for 2 years. Something most people don't know is the reason behind my transition from vegetarian for 14 years to full vegan. I have had migraines since the beginning of high school and doctors just could not pinpoint why. I eventually had an allergy test that revealed I am allergic to dairy products.  A two week no-dairy test confirmed it. At that stage in my life I did not have the will power to cut out dairy. Now, I can proudly say that I no longer have migraines from food and feel much better every day!

My favorite moment right now has to be New Years day, sitting on the beach watching the sun rise with Luke in Mui Ne, Vietnam.



No comments:

Post a Comment